How Much Are Bathroom Renovation Costs?
The cost of a bathroom renovation completely depends on a few factors, from the labour involved to the materials and fixtures selected.
An average bathroom may cost $5,000 to $15,000 while a bathroom that is approximately 5×7 might be closer to $5,000 to $10,000. But it really does depend on how you plan your remodel and what’s included in terms of materials and labour.
Tips for Reducing Bathroom Renovation Costs:
- By keeping any fixtures like the sink, shower/tub or toilet in the same spot you reduce the need for plumbing and labour costs
- Vinyl or laminate flooring can be more cost effective than tile
- Repainting ceramic or porcelain floors can keep you on budget
- Reusing bathroom fittings or fixtures
- Labour can account for much of the cost, so if there is anything you are comfortable to do yourself, it can help you save
- A 2-piece toilet is more budget friendly than a one piece
- When it comes to tile, ceramic is generally cheaper
- Look for sale and floor models when shopping
- Reuse items where you can within reason
- Consider framing the mirror you have rather than buying new
When remodelling, the lighting can have a dramatic effect on a bathroom renovation. It’s also one of the more valuable changes to make and can add a lot of appeal.
Also, be sure to choose premium materials (e.g. tiling, paint, calking, grout) so that you protect and preserve your investment.
Finally, don’t underestimate the impact of paint and what it can do for your bathroom renovation.
When it comes to a bathroom renovation, it’s one of those upgrades to your home that can provide a return on your investment.
Depending on the scope of the work involved it can take from a few days to a few weeks, but it’s typically worth the wait, and the cost.
Cost factors often include room size, labor rates, quality of materials and fixtures, changing or expanding the layout, adding fixtures, repairs, and of course the labour for the remodel.
Common Bathroom Renovation Costs:
- Installation & Labour
- Faucets & Plumbing
- Doors & Windows
- Cabinetry & Hardware
- Lighting & Ventilation
- Design, disposal and other
Sometimes there are hidden costs once the job starts that may need to be addressed during a remodel. These are called hidden costs because they might not be visible to the contractor until they open the wall or remove the tile, and should not be confused with what hidden costs usually imply.
The cost of a full bathroom remodel where everything is changed but the layout stays the same is often in the range of $6,000 to $15,000 on average. Please keep in mind if choosing mainly luxury options the price is more likely to be on the high end and possibly exceed this range, depending on the fixtures and materials selected. For larger bathrooms the amount might be higher, depending on the overall size, and of course the materials/fixtures.
Rennovarea has completed dozens of bathroom renovation projects that have transformed the look and exceeded owners expectations. Please get in touch to discuss your plans for renovation and let’s discuss how we can help you make your bathroom the way you’ve always wanted.